Posted: Mar 6 2017, 12:30 AM
Prince BenMembers
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
13 posts • N/A • N/A

"Yes of course. Don't worry, I'll take care of it. Relax. Everything is going well." Ben said, talking to someone in the library. Of course, as to who it was would remain a mystery. The person would prefer discretion, and it was best. "Anyway here is the book you asked for. I happened to find it in town the other day." He said, handing the person the book he had been holding. Of course, he figured it would be best to deal with this. Fortunately the visitor had been willing to meet him here. It saved him a trip to make his life a lot easier.

"Anyway, I shall see you this weekend." Ben said, turning away and deciding to try and see if he could find anything worth reading. Sometimes he liked to read in his down time. Of course the school had what was probably the second best library in the land. He was sure that he could probably find something. It had just about every tale in the land stored here. Of course, the real problem was that it was still somewhat lacking. He supposed that was just how things were.

Browsing the bookshelves, he saw several stories that actually made him laugh a bit. Some of these stories were actually tales of the parents of the kids here. Seeing Sleeping Beauty, he paused slightly. This would be the one of Mal and Audrey's family. Such a pity those two could not get along. He supposed that the best thing that he could hope for was eventually those hostilities dying down. Until that time, he felt like when it came to either of them he was playing damage control between the two of them. That was most unfortunate.
PM
^
Audrey
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 12:02 PM
Audrey
N/A posts • • N/A

Audrey had been looking everywhere for Ben. One of those mean villains that he’d allowed at school had insulted her! She didn’t really know which one, as she tried not to recognize them too closely. Like whoever it actually was would make a difference. They were all alike anyway. All they wanted to do was cause destruction, and possibly death, just like their disgusting parents. That was common knowledge after all. It was why they were on the Isle of the Lost to begin with. Why Ben couldn’t just leave them there, she didn’t know, nor did she really care.

This school wasn’t that big! Where could he be? She’d already searched all of the classrooms, Ben’s dorm room, and all of the common areas. She’d even looked in the cafeteria and on the tourney field. She could swear she’d seen everyone in the world under the age of twenty except for her boyfriend. This was so not fair! Before those villains arrived, she would have found him easily; she was certain of it. Had he left campus to deal with something? What could be more important than her?

Finally, she came to a place she hadn’t looked. The library. She entered quietly, knowing that if she gave into her upset, she’d be asked to leave. Besides, a princess always kept her composure. It was a lesson she’d learned extremely well. She walked around, glancing up and down each aisle. There! There he was! She delicately marched up to him, because a princess was always delicate, no matter what she did. “Oh, Benny-boo,” she spoke softly. “You’ll never guess what ghastly thing someone just said to me!” She blinked up at him, making sure she had his attention. “My clothes were insulted. How horrid is that?”

She really only needed a little reassurance, and a lot of anger on his part. She hoped for enough anger to send them all back to where they came from.
^
Prince Ben
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 04:00 PM
Prince BenMembers
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
13 posts • N/A • N/A

Ben was flipping through the book when of course he was shocked by who else but Audrey? Smiling a bit, he closed the book and set it back on the shelf. That bit of rereading would have to wait for another time it seemed. Aw well, not that he minded too much. He already knew the story. It just helped with recent events to go ahead and review. Of course he got Mal and Audrey being hostile. Honestly he expected a lot of that between the kids of same tale for lack of a better way to phrase it. He just hoped things calmed down in due course.

When she mentioned her outfit, he looked at her. "Well it is not good taste. I mean I think your outfit looks positively adorable." Ben said, knowing with Audrey she needed reassurance and a little flattery from time to time. It was just how she was. It was actually just a bit amusing from time to time. "I mean I suppose the style they prefer is different but no, your outfit looks great on you." Ben remarked in a soft, soothing voice and kissed her forehead.

Smiling a bit, Ben rested against a bookshelf. "Anyway Audrey, I wouldn't worry too much about what the VKs think of your taste. We all know you got some of the best taste in Auradon." He added. He knew how to handle Audrey somewhat. Plus he had a bad feeling he knew the direction she wanted to go with this. He was just hoping that the fashion focus would steer her away just a tiny bit from that. He knew her opinion on the VKs, and it was not an opinion he did not understand. However, he strongly disagreed on the matter.

"Anyway Audrey, how is cheer squad coming?" He asked her, smiling a bit, figuring mentioning that would perk her right back up. Or at least hoping.
PM
^
Audrey
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 05:22 PM
Audrey
N/A posts • • N/A

Audrey looked at Ben, wondering what it was that sent him for books of tales he already knew. Most of the children that resulted from those tales were at Auradon Prep. Their parents’ did tend to be widely known. Unless he was looking for information about the villains and what kind of mischief they could have taught their kids so he could be on the lookout? Oh, her Ben was so sweet to prepare to look out for her in such a way!

She nodded as he spoke of how adorable she looked that day. “I know! Can you imagine the nerve of some people? Are they blind not to notice that I’m the best dressed princess here?” Maybe she should worry less about the obvious evilness and more about the villain kids’ mental health? After all, how did anyone not find her adorable? “Well, they do tend to have different styles,” she spoke, as if considering the cultural differences. “But now that they’re here, they should try to fit in better, don’t you think?” Maybe she could make him consider making a proclamation about it? But then the thought was lost as he kissed her forehead. She smiled at him, glad he was who he was.

She smiled brighter as he leaned against a bookshelf, but it was kind of an exasperated smile as well. Would he never learn that he should present a royal stature any time he was in public? Wait. What had he just said? “Only some of the best taste in Auradon? I thought I did have the best.” She gave him a little pout. He really needed to stop putting her down like that. It just wasn’t fair, especially after all the effort she put into never reflecting badly on him, not that she could with her breeding.

She perked right up when he mentioned cheer squad. “Oh, it’s coming along great. We have some very good potential in the new freshmen. It will be even better once we have some princes to cheer for during games,” she told him.

She looked around, making sure no one was nearby that could overhear their conversation. “Now, Benny-bear, whatever are you doing in the library when it’s such a great day for a picnic with your girlfriend?”
^
Prince Ben
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 02:43 AM
Prince BenMembers
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
13 posts • N/A • N/A

Ben smiled briefly. Oh good. It seemed as though the fashion talk was at least partly blunting her anger at the VKs as a whole. "Yes, we all know you are the best dressed here. Yearbook said as much last year." Ben joked lightly, reminding her. He figured it would be reassuring. Although when she remarked about the need for the VKs to fit in, he shrugged a bit. "Well here is the thing with the VKs. They are in a new and unfamiliar area to them, being helped by people they have been told negative things about. Now people who they have been told for a long time are trouble for them are trying to help them. I can't fault them for being a little guarded. If the situation was reversed I would probably be a bit wary myself." He explained. Of course he was aware of the irony of Audrey's statement.

Laughing a bit, he gave her a smile. "Your sense of taste is impeccable, don't worry. Everyone knows that." He said reassuringly, trying to calm down the pout a bit. It was true that she did have good taste, but the girl needed to chill. He was aware that different styles required different tastes. She did the more royal and was good with pinks well. However with more Agrabah fashions, there were realistically those that know that sort of thing better. It was fairly simple in his book.

When he heard about the tourney games, he smiled a bit. He did enjoy a good tourney match. After all, it was something fun and okay, maybe a bit unprincelike but he happened to find it a good bit of entertainment. "Well that is good. Tourney should be interesting this year for sure." What he didn't tell Audrey was that Fairy Godmother was already planning to have Jay join tourney. Something about him needing to burn off excess energy he seemed to show in class. He couldn't help wonder if that would happen with cheer squad and how she would handle it.

Audrey's question made him chuckle. "Oh you know me. I am my mother's son." He explained, running his fingers along the spines of several books. Of course everyone knew Belle had the best library in Auradon. "I just so happened to be exploring the always pleasant world of books. Now let's see here....." He said, grabbing the book seemingly randomly but had been the one he had been previously reading. "I think this book may hold some sentiment to you." Of course it was Sleeping Beauty. She probably knew it by memory but still. Always something fascinating about books.

Audrey
PM
^
Audrey
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 06:54 PM
Audrey
N/A posts • • N/A

Audrey gave a happy little grin at the reminder that she’d been voted Best Dressed for the yearbook last year. What better way to prove that she truly was the best? No one could take that way from her. She did have to nod as he spoke of why those villains were the way they were. “I understand that just fine,” she told him. “I know there’s no way that the situation could be reversed in regards to us though. We aren’t villains. But, if we were, I’m sure we’d try to be the best, and to do that, we’d have to fit in with them. So why don’t they want to be the same way? After all, if they’re here to prove that they have some goodness in them, shouldn’t they, you know, try?” She still didn’t quite understand why those kids weren’t doing anything to go unnoticed. She knew she wouldn’t want to be known as a villain.

She shook her head. “Everyone used to know that. Now all I can say is that everyone who is anyone knows. Those nobodies from the Isle don’t know anything of the sort.” She wasn’t sure she was ready to stop pouting yet. She was used to people running around to fix anything that made her upset or sad. Why wasn’t this working? It was all she could do not to stamp her foot and cross her arms. If they were in a private place, she would. But the library was too public for that.

“Interesting? I really hope we take the title this year. I mean, who else should? You are the Prince of Auradon, so it would be a shame if we don’t bring home the title. Again.” In her mind, those tourney players, especially from other teams, really should just step out of his way when he came barreling down the field. Then again, that wouldn’t exactly be fair, so she decided that they should try to win, as long as her own school did the actual winning. Besides, cheering for Ben was her second reason for even being a cheerleader. The first was because of how adorable she looked in the uniform.

“I know you are,” she sighed. “You love books and always have.” Sometimes, she felt like she was competing with a good book, good in his opinion, for his attention. She had her ways of distracting him though. She took the book he handed her, curious as to what it was. She smiled when she saw the title. “Of course, it does. It’s my favorite story of all. But I must say that my own personal copy is even better. All the drawings are done by hand.” She slipped the book back into its place, not mentioning that she didn’t read her one-of-a-kind copy. She had another one for reading. “Now, how about less books and more attention?” If he wasn’t going to fix the issue she came to him about, the least he could do would be to distract her further.
^
Prince Ben
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 01:49 AM
Prince BenMembers
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
13 posts • N/A • N/A

Ben shrugged his shoulders a bit. He honestly doubted Audrey would if the situation were reversed. Actually in that situation Audrey probably would cling more to her own beliefs. But that was not a discussion that he was going to fight and win. "Well we kind of dropped a lot of them in an unfamiliar area with strange new people. Just give them time to get used to things and I am sure that they will wind up adapting well enough in time. You can't just drop them here and tell them to get used to Auradon in such a short time." He explained. "Besides, I do think some of them are trying to adapt quicker than others. You just have to know where to look." He smiled just a little bit. He was smart enough to know some had taken and were taken quickly to Auradon.

Ben chuckled at her annoyance. "Well just try to get to know some of them. Consider it a little pet project to make them see you for how awesome you are." He said, just hoping Audrey took that to simple terms as showing herself as good and not putting down the VKs. "I mean really, how much kindness were they likely shown on the Isle? Now imagine someone in your position showing them that kindness......just something to consider." Ben smiled a bit He figured that would be the best effort on this he could give. Navigating the VK issue with Audrey was always a tricky one.

Talking about tourney amused Ben a bit. "Oh I am sure we will. I mean we got a good team so odds are that ya, we'll be fine." Ben remarked. Of course he was leaving out one key thing from Audrey. They were actually likely to get some VKs, some of which were probably going to love tourney. "Besides, you do look adorable in the cheerleader outfit."[/b] Yes, this was a simple level of flattery. He figured that if nothing else that it would be something to keep her happy.

Ben gave her an odd look. "Hey look at it this way. Would I really be my mom's son if I didn't? I mean you know her personal library is something else." He pointed out. Although he was amused. "To be fair, those are some nice drawings on your version. Although I do prefer my parents' story of course. Bit a bias." He said jokingly. Well sort of jokingly. It was his favorite after all. What could he say? "Although if you want attention, was there some particular form of attention you had in mind?" He asked curiously.
PM
^
Audrey
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 10:49 AM
Audrey
N/A posts • • N/A

Audrey thought maybe they should have gotten used to things already, or at least given the villain kids a chance to get used to things before bringing them to school. She did not like them here. She didn’t trust them as far as she could throw a limo…or the barge that took the supplies to the Isle. “Which ones are trying?” she asked, not wanting to get lumped in with the ones who didn’t. Not that she wanted to know the ones trying either. And could they send the ones who didn’t try away? Ugh. Why were things so complicated? Life was supposed to be better, simpler, without villains. She still didn’t understand why Ben had insisted on bringing these others to school. She hid a sigh. School used to be much easier, much more fun, before. There used to be a hierarchy that seemed to have disappeared. She would admit out loud that she liked knowing that she was at the top of that hierarchy.

She made a face as he suggested trying to get to know them. She did not like that idea at all. But because it was Ben, she’d at least pretend to make the effort. As long as that prince-stealing icky one stayed away from her Ben. She pasted a smile on her face. “You’re right,” she said, reluctantly. “They should be shown how great I am.” Not that she’d try to become friends with them. A princess was judged on the company she kept. “I’m sure they weren’t shown much kindness at all. And if we can get them to see the error of their ways, it would be a win for the good side.” Well, that sounded good, right? And kindness could be something as simple as a smile. She wouldn’t have to converse with them.

She smiled at Ben’s modesty. “I’d be willing to put my morals aside enough to bet that if you think we’ll be okay, we’ll be great. And I want great. I don’t want to cheer for just okay,” she teased lightly. “And I know I look adorable in the uniform. Why else would I have chosen that one when I became captain of the squad?” Audrey didn’t see herself as vain exactly, but she knew what looked good on her.

“I know you have the greatest library at home. That’s why I don’t understand why you spend so much time in this one. Yours has more stories and I doubt this one has anything yours doesn’t have.” It made sense to her. It wasn’t like he could possibly find anything new to read, right? She did giggle when he said he preferred his own parents’ story. Of course he did. “Well, without that story, you wouldn’t exist, so I would call it my second favorite.” Was that a little too honest? No way. He knew exactly how she felt about him. “I was thinking a little undivided attention. Well, maybe a little divided. I just wanted a little time with you. You’re so busy, I feel like we haven’t spent much time together. I’d be up for any ideas you have.” She gave another smile, this one more inviting. She wasn’t afraid of anything he’d suggest. It wasn’t like he was a bad guy.
^
Prince Ben
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 03:04 AM
Prince BenMembers
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
13 posts • N/A • N/A

Ben simply shrugged at her question of who were trying. "Well let's see...." He knew better than to mention Mal. That would be pretty much asking for a lot more trouble than it would be worth. "Jack would be one who is too. So is Evie from what I've seen. Cryos is too in his own way but he's a bit tougher to pin because of the whole deity thing as well." Ben said, thinking it over. "If you wanted some examples of course. Freddie too now that I think about it. But ya, there are some. Just give it time and we will see soon enough which ones are trying I am sure." Ben smiled a bit. Of course Jack was also someone whose blood was Wonderland, but his mom WAS the Queen of Hearts and of course that was something to be a bit concerned with, but he did not seem to be ax-crazy, more whimsical.

Seeing the face she made, it was clear she did not like the idea. "You see? Good foot forward and all that. And they probably were not showed that much kindness. I mean can you really see most of the villains being kind even to their kids? It just doesn't seem like something most would do. So just give them time to sort of get used to the fact that things are different here and that they don't need to be so guarded." He suggested. Of course he had a nagging feeling with Audrey this was going in one ear and out the other. Honestly, given her general reaction to VKs he doubted very much she wanted to have them staying, but there was a chance she would listen.

Ben couldn't help but laugh at her remark about not cheering for just okay. "Okay, fair point on that one." He added for good measure. Hey, if it kept her mind a bit at ease about the current situation he could go with it for now. "Besides, I think that this year's team will be stronger overall than last year's." He added, not bothering to explain that he actually also thought that some of the VKs would get on the team and be actual assets. Of course Audrey would undoubtedly have to deal with VKs trying to get on the cheerleading team at some point.

Hearing Audrey talk about the library, he nodded. "Oh you're right. I honestly doubt this place has very many books if any my mom's does not have. However, the thing is that would mean going back home. It's a case of this one being closer." Okay so the travel would not be too bad, but still. Time was a very finite resource. Plus it gave both the VKs and the AKs a convenient access point to try to find him if they needed anything and he was not at the dorms. "Although I suppose I should spend some time with you." He smiled a bit and gave her a hug. "Well, we could always just walk around until we think of something to do. Or go to the commons and take it easy for a bit."
PM
^
Audrey
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 10:08 PM
Audrey
N/A posts • • N/A

Audrey’s eyes kind of glazed over as Ben mentioned all those people she didn’t really know. Oh, she’d know them if she saw them. She knew the faces just fine. They were on her to-avoid list. Bu the names hadn’t really registered. She’d met one and had a slight confrontation and that had been enough for her. Well, that wasn’t exactly true. She knew who Evie was. If that girl was trying to fit in, she was not doing a great job of it. Jack, Cryos, and Freddie were foreign names to her. “Okay, I know who Evie is,” and she’d probably never like her, “but who are those other three you mentioned?” She wasn’t sure she really believed him when he said some of them were trying to fit in. If they had been, why wouldn’t they have been hanging around with more of the Auradon kids? Those villains generally stuck together as far as she saw.

“All parents should show their children kindness and love,” she told him. “How could even villains not like their kids?” That was something she just couldn’t believe. All parents loved their children, and even if only in private, they would show them, right? “So no, I guess I can’t see them acting loving, but surely it’s different behind closed doors?” Even villains didn’t have to act all evil in their own homes, did they? “But I’ll do my best,” she sighed. She wasn’t sure she’d succeed at this whole being kind to villains thing, but because Ben asked, she would try. She could do it. Maybe. She honestly wasn’t sure if she could be nice to such people, but she promised herself that she would try. She’d just remember what her grandmother told her. If she couldn’t say anything nice, she shouldn’t say anything at all.

“Of course I have a fair point,” she nodded, pretending that she knew what she was talking about. What did he think she had a point with? Not cheering for just okay? Her adorable-ness in uniform? Which was it? “I hope the team is stronger than last year!” she exclaimed, excitedly. “We should have parties after every winning game. Give you players some extra motivation.” She gave her best cheerleading captain smile. “More motivation than just hearing me yell for you personally. I’ll even get you your own pizza, just the way you like it.” And of course she knew exactly how he liked his pizza. What kind of girlfriend would she be if she didn’t?

“Well, you could just ask your mom to mail you books,” she pointed out. “Or, if you decided to go home for that, you could take me with you. It would be nice to spend time with you away from school as well.” The best thing about summer vacation, in her eyes, was that she could see him almost whenever she wanted. She did miss the freedom of summer. She sighed, longing for those long, lazy days. She grinned when he agreed that he should spend time with her. She hugged him back and stretched up to plant a kiss on his cheek. “I’m glad you have decided to stop neglecting me,” she teased him. She liked the idea of hanging out in the commons, but she’d have preferred something else. “Why can’t we get some popcorn and watch a movie? I can promise lots of snuggling and I also promise not to eat all of the popcorn. And we can watch whatever you want.”
^
Prince Ben
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 04:09 PM
Prince BenMembers
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
13 posts • N/A • N/A

Ben suppressed a laugh. Of course she would know Evie. Considering that little awkward moment between her and the blue-haired girl. Still, when she asked about the others he smiled. "Let's see. Jack Heart would be the son of the Queen of Hearts. He's basically one of the most lax VKs I have seen so far. Freddie would be the daughter of Dr. Facillier. Cryos would be the son of Hydros otherwise known as the Ice Titan." He said. He really did not know much about the other two. Freddie and Cryos seemed to be a lot more introverted in nature than Jack was. "I will admit that Cryos and Freddie are a bit less talkative. But I suppose in Cryos' case titans never were ones for talking. Still, Jack is pretty extroverted. A bit odd, but I suppose that's more the Wonderland in him."

"I don't know really Audrey." Ben admitted. "But it would not shock me and even if they did, I think their version of love would not be as nice as the version our parents give. Can you honestly say you can see Maleficent or Jafar or most of them being particularly loving to their kids? I mean you can make a case by case basis some would, but in general I don't think it would be anything near like what our parents showed us." Ben explained. Still, hearing Audrey somewhat give in was a good sign. It seemed that for the moment that he had at least sidestepped a potentially difficult situation. This sort of conversation was always a bit difficult with her. It always seemed to him Audrey assumed what she went through with life was the default.

Ben laughed at her reaction. "Oh I agree. We should have parties. Always a fun thing. But yes, I have no doubt our team will be a lot stronger this year than it was last year." One of the perks was now they had an entire second group to draw on for possible good players to recruit. Still, Ben figured it would be best to let Audrey find out when the time came to it. Still, the offer on pizza made him smile. "So wait, you giving me my own pizza? That sounds like a winning idea to me." He said, smiling at her. She seemed excited right now so he was amused. She should be too.

"Well it's a bit hard to explain. There is something oddly fun about a library. But that's just me." Ben explained. Of course he did not expect Audrey to get it. It was simply something most people did not get. Blame his mother for how he got it. "Oh come on, would I neglect you? I've just been busy lately because of all the things that have had to shake up a bit." He commented, then nodded. "Well, as long as you promise not to eat all the popcorn that sounds like a good idea." He teased back and put an arm around her. "But I am game for a movie. Been a while since we've done that."
PM
^
Audrey
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 04:14 PM
Audrey
N/A posts • • N/A

Audrey was still sure she didn’t want to get to know any of them. She was still sure that they were there to do something…evil. How could they not be? Look at who raised them! This whole compassionate thing Ben had was going was good, but maybe it was wrongly places. Not that she’d say such a thing out loud. For now, she’d just nod and smile and hope he took it as if she was considering his stance. “Well, if I’m approached, I will act as I should. But I don’t think I really want to do any approaching. The last time didn’t end so well.” That was an understatement, but it would show why she was more than a little nervous about doing it again.

She had to agree that she couldn’t see those villains acting loving towards even their children. Most of them had no idea who their other parent even was! How icky! She was glad she didn’t have to deal with it. And not being spoiled because her parents love her? That would be the worst. That didn’t make her feel any more sympathetic though. If the villain kids had never been shown love, how could they know what it was? That was the main reason she didn’t think the kids had a chance to become good. It was probably too late for them to learn even now. But again, she wouldn’t say so. She’d just let Ben believe what he wanted to believe.

She smiled as Ben liked her idea of victory parties. “If you have no doubt, I won’t either.” She obviously had no idea what he was thinking, which was most likely for the best. After all, she wouldn’t much like the idea of having to celebrate the villain kids. “If you win a game, I’ll get your very own pizza and not even ask for a slice for myself,” she promised. “If you earn a pizza all your own, you’ll deserve to eat every bit.” She giggled at the idea of him trying to eat an entire pizza, but if it was after a game, he might manage it easily. She knew he was always hungry then. “After all, if nothing else, I’ll have the most fun cheering for you.”

She giggled. “You are odd,” she told him playfully. “Well, normally I’d say that there’s no way you’d ever neglect me, but you have been quite busy lately.” She pouted at him to show him how much she disliked that. She couldn’t hold it though. Her face broke out into a mega-watt smile as he agreed to watch a movie with her. “I promise not to eat all the popcorn,” she told him solemnly. “So, what movie would you like to watch?”
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code